• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking For Larger Gloves

Porthos

I try to use gloves when doing dishes and such. I have trouble with the skin near my finger nails cracking and bleeding if my hands are in the dishwater too much.

I buy Playtex or whatever brand strikes my fancy and have never seen then sized larger that Large. They barely fit my hands. I keep baby powder in the kitchen to heip with slipping them on and off but it only does so much.

Does anyone know of stores that carry a size of Playtex-style gloves that come in a size larger than Large?

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I try to use gloves when doing dishes and such. I have trouble with the skin near my finger nails cracking and bleeding if my hands are in the dishwater too much.

I buy Playtex or whatever brand strikes my fancy and have never seen then sized larger that Large. They barely fit my hands. I keep baby powder in the kitchen to heip with slipping them on and off but it only does so much.

Does anyone know of stores that carry a size of Playtex-style gloves that come in a size larger than Large?

I have a pair of Marigold gloves in size 9. I believe they go as high as size12 but their site is under construction. Mine are used in cheese-making and are rated to 365F! Great for dishes and tgey are super long. They were a gift so no idea on price.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I have a box of 100 surgical disposable gloves which are very big.

May be you can consider using those? They are not expensive.

dcarch 

If you're thinking about such gloves, try an auto parts store and look for nitrile gloves.  I get 'em for Toots for use as gardening gloves.

... Shel