• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's an Airline Chicken Breast?

Shel_B

A couple of weeks ago a group of us went to a nearby café for dinner, and airline chicken breast appeared on the menu in a few dishes.  The server didn't know what they were, but maybe someone here does.  What's an airline chicken breast?  What, if anything, makes it worth special mention?

... Shel

So it's another term for supreme?

No, not really. As I understand, it's the breast half with the (bone-in) wing attached. One advantage it has is that the wing helps keep the skin attached, which is pretty much impossible with a plain boneless breast half.

• 2 weeks later...

And here's how to get there:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Row4HHA5MAQ

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog