• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MokaPot

MokaPot

correct my grammar

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the input.

@heidih, I store my potatoes in the refrigerator. I had a really bad experience / experiment during school days, trying to sprout a potato with toothpicks and a jar of water. The smell was indescribably bad; hard to believe the smell was coming from a non-meat source. But maybe I'll try storing the potatoes on the counter. Correct, hard potatoes are not a consistent issue.

@chromedome, I used "crushed tomatoes and puree." Ingredients list doesn't include calcium chloride, but does include "citric acid." Good idea to hold off on adding the tomato sauce. I do kind of depend on the tomato sauce for cooking liquid (for the potato), but maybe I can just add extra water.

@gfweb, sounds like you really did experiment with this. Now that you mention it, one of my pre-potato ingredients was a fair amount of balsamic vinegar.

I would appreciate even more input. I really like this combo of tomatoes and potatoes and will continue to cook them together. Just trying to cut out the extra step of boiling / parboiling.

MokaPot

MokaPot

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the input.

@heidih, I store my potatoes in the refrigerator. I had a really bad experience / experiment during school days, trying to sprout a potato with toothpicks and a jar of water. The smell was indescribably bad; hard to believe the smell was coming from a non-meat source. But maybe I'll try storing the potatoes on the counter. Correct, hard potatoes is not a consistent issue.

@chromedome, I used "crushed tomatoes and puree." Ingredients list doesn't include calcium chloride, but does include "citric acid." Good idea to hold off on adding the tomato sauce. I do kind of depend on the tomato sauce for cooking liquid (for the potato), but maybe I can just add extra water.

@gfweb, sounds like you really did experiment with this. Now that you mention it, one of my pre-potato ingredients was a fair amount of balsamic vinegar.

I would appreciate even more input. I really like this combo of tomatoes and potatoes and will continue to cook them together. Just trying to cut out the extra step of boiling / parboiling.