• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from...ummm hard to tell...

Hello!

I'm Cecilia and I guess from a little bit of everywhere in the world which highly influences my cooking style and taste.

I am half French half Spanish by my parents, jewish and eastern european decent (loooong ago). I have lived (in order) in France,Venezuela, Israel, Australia, Canada and now in the United States (Orange county for 6 years and have been in Atlanta, GA for 3 months now). 

I consider myself a cook of the world. It is impossible for me to say which cuisine is my favorite, I have been extremely lucky to have the opportunity to be in direct contact with so many of them. There is also no style of cooking at home, it's not all french all the time, it is pretty much everyday different. While this is great, now you can only imagine the size of my pantry with staples from all around the world! beautiful nightmare :)

I am also a molecular microbial ecologist who brings the lab back in my kitchen.

Can't wait to participate and learn a lot from this forum!

Lucky then to be in Atlanta where you can shop at Your DeKalb Farmers World Market near Decatur! The variety in that place is staggering, and I'm pretty spoiled living in the Bay Area. I'm assuming you have already discovered it. My daughter lives in Decatur and took us there when we visited. Just amazing.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

@Katie, yes I really like the DeKalb Farmer's Market and the Buford one as well! We come from SoCal and while I do miss local fresh veggies/fruits they have a very good selection in Atlanta of everything! Korean/Chinese/European...

@Nakji, I need to get started on compiling some dishes, I always take lots of pictures and write some ideas/recipes down. Will share them for sure!

Allow me to add my welcome to the others'. You should fit right in here!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown