• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ChocoMom

ChocoMom

caption to photo

As this is proper place to post the pics of the new kitchen and dining room...here we go!  The kitchen pic is taken on an angle from the east end of the house. I have built-ins on both ends of the island. Perfect for lunch boxes, cookbooks and snack stuff for kids.  The island countertop is 1 7/8" maple.  The other countertop is soapstone. Love the veins!  Had the two plate racks custom made, and they mirror one another.  Lights are all LED.  

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1551.JPG

The dining room is really an extension of the kitchen. ( The door you see there leads into the mastered/bath.)  The dining set was a gift from a dear friend, and is giving us the matching hutch as well. The little side table I picked up at an antique store on Friday.  

More pics to come, after the rest of the stairs get their wood flooring, and the furniture arrives.  End to end, this floor is roughly 78-80 feet long, and 26 ft wide; but, there is also a hallway behind the kitchen, with an additional 20' by 6' (or 8') section built on top of the root cellar- which houses the laundry room, and a guest bath.     

ChocoMom

ChocoMom

As this is proper place to post the pics of the new kitchen and dining room...here we go!  The kitchen pic is taken on an angle from the east end of the house. I have built-ins on both ends of the island. Perfect for lunch boxes, cookbooks and snack stuff for kids.  The island countertop is 1 7/8" maple.  The other countertop is soapstone. Love the veins!  Had the two plate racks custom made, and they mirror one another.  Lights are all LED.  

IMG_1550.JPG

IMG_1551.JPG