• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

DianaB

DianaB

Absolutely beautiful kitchen @Tere, I would be jealous if I hadn't grown up in vast houses that were impossible to heat.  Perhaps not the case with modern heating systems.  We are also fans of Miele kitchen machines.

@rotuts you need to visit us, the Wensleydale dairy is just a short drive away and they take full advantage of the Wallace and Gromit link!  You can take a factory tour and then stock up at their farm shop.  Great ice-cream place just down the road for afterwards, all milk from their small Jersey cows that you can also visit, really beautiful animals.  

Wensleydale nearly went out of production just before the Wallace a fled Gromit films took off.  Bought out fortunately and it has thrived since.  

DianaB

DianaB

Absolutely beautiful kitchen @Tere, I would be jealous if I hadn't grown up in vast houses that were impossible to heat.  Perhaps not the case with modern heating systems.  We are also fans of Miele kitchen machines.

@rotuts you need to visit us, the Wensleydale dairy is just a short drive away and they take full advantage of the Wallace and Gromit link!  You can take a factory tour and then stock up at their farm shop.  Great ice-cream place just down the road for afterwards, all milk from their small Jersey cows that you can also visit, really beUtiful animals.  

Wensleydale nearly went out of production just before the Wallace a fled Gromit films took off.  Bought out fortunately and it has thrived since.