• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

sartoric

sartoric

Remove extra photo

Here's my kitchen remodelled in 2007 shortly after we bought the house.

The plan had been to live with the original kitchen for six months.

One night a month later, we were making risotto on the ridiculously small electric stove. That fast tracked the renovation.

Where the stove is now, there used to be a wall and doorway into a useless space. 

We're happy with it mostly, the pantry has pull out shelves/drawers, as do many of the cupboards.

image.jpeg

Above is looking west, best to close the blinds late afternoon to avoid seeing the dust.

image.jpeg

Form the other direction, towards the dining room which rarely gets used.

Through the windows (north facing, a good thing in the Southern Hemisphere) is a full length deck 9m X 3 m which is where we usually eat. The kitchen itself is six meters long, with lots of storage I still manage to fill. 

sartoric

sartoric

Here's my kitchen remodelled in 2007 shortly after we bought the house.

The plan had been to live with the original kitchen for six months.

One night a month later, we were making risotto on the ridiculously small electric stove. That fast tracked the renovation.

Where the stove is now, there used to be a wall and doorway into a useless space. 

We're happy with it mostly, the pantry has pull out shelves/drawers, as do many of the cupboards.

image.jpeg

Above is looking west, best to close the blinds late afternoon to avoid seeing the dust.

image.jpeg

Form the other direction, towards the dining room which rarely gets used.

Through the windows (north facing, a good thing in the Southern Hemisphere) is a full length deck 9m X 3 m which is where we usually eat. The kitchen itself is six meters long, with lots of storage I still manage to fill. 

image.jpeg