• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 2)

elyse

Host's note: the original topic, "Snacking while eGulleting", became too large for our servers to handle efficiently.  The first part of this topic is here.

Now that it's fall and nearly winter, I thought it would be a good idea to bring this up again.

Potato, onion, cheddar chowder which has been simmering all day.

Edited by Smithy (log)

I'm curled up in the comfy chair having another bowl of Chubby Hubby and watching the original Terminator. Life rocks.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Now that it's fall and nearly winter, I thought it would be a good idea to bring this up again.

If you insist on bumping this, I must continue to declare that probably 90% of the time I am only eating oxygen, with choice bits of carbon dioxide, hydrogen and maybe some tiny bit of the noble gases mixed in.

{Grumble}.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

If you insist on bumping this, I must continue to declare that probably 90% of the time I am only eating oxygen, with choice bits of carbon dioxide, hydrogen and maybe some tiny bit of the noble gases mixed in.

{Grumble}.

Some sort of diety thing? :blink:

In the middle of a litre of warm water. I'll have a pear soon.

Sourdough toast, Irish Breakfast tea, and two butter scotties. ( oatmeal cookies with wh. choc chips and butterscotch chips) . I defatted the chicken stock, stuck another whole chix in it, and that's simmering away, then made a batch of lemon drop cookies, then did the garland on the stairs and doorways in the house, made some new pathetic looking red bows that I hope will become less noticeable once I add some other stuff to the garland..all before 10 am.

hmm, after cataloguing what I've accomplished, I think I mihgt need to grab a few more cookies to reward myself!

Edited by Kim WB (log)

Community Dark Roast

Some cool little ham cups that I made after reading about them in Tommy's post on another thread (I tried to find it, but no dice). They are slices of excellent country ham mooshed into a cup shape in a non stick muffin tin. You then crack an egg into the cup (I added Tabasco and a little worchestershire on top) and baked for about 8 minutes. A new favorite easy breakfast item at the Mayhaw Household :biggrin: .

Thanks Mr 13,000 posts. Those things are a hit.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

Some apple-cinnamon oatmeal (Quaker) and a cup of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea. I bought some really good cinnamon raisin rugelach at the bakery last week which I've been rationing out, so maybe I'll have one with the tea.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I'm on my second cup of coffee (late start...the ferrets had a vet appointment this morning) made from beans from the Porto Rico Coffee Co., or whatever the name of it is (it's a tad strong, I overestimated the amount of grounds for the french press), also drinking a glass of Apple and Eve apple cider, and just finished an egg bagel with poppy seed, sesame seed and garlic, toasted, with plain cream cheese and a slice of ham on one side (this organic cream cheese doesn't spread as well as the regular stuff) and scallion cream cheese on the other.

I might make cookies later. First, though, I think I'll take a nap before the Jets game.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

• 1 month later...
pogophiles, as someone who grew up reading his mother's fairly complete archive of Pogo books, I have to ask you... haven't you ever wanted to try chicken foot perloo?

Absolutely!! (he types, somewhat embarrassed that it took > 6 months to spot the query)...

May have to start an eGullet branch of the Okefenokee Glee & Perloo Union... :smile:

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

• 1 month later...

homemade poundcake with lemon curd

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs