• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 2)

elyse

snack or breakfast? I dont know ..I am sure I will eat again before noon ...right now it is a home made over toasted flour tortilla with mashed banana and Adams chunky peanut butter (the only kind on earth in my opinion!!!) ..coffee with cream and a GIANT MOTRIN with a tylenol back ...

today I am cutting the foot deep on a hill lawn and need all the energy I can muster

...and yes I am procrastinating :raz:

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

• 6 years later...

Resuscitating this old topic. Are we still snacking while cruising the topics? I don't do it often (the snacking that is) but today still felt like part of the festive season and I did get an attack of the munchies. Not having entertained over the holidays, I don't have a stash of those snacks that used to keep me happy for weeks after Christmas. I opened the fridge looking for inspiration and this became my snack:

image.jpg

Jarred artichoke hearts, store bought salsa and a little high quality sour cream.

• Like 7

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Resuscitating this old topic. Are we still snacking while cruising the topics? I don't do it often (the snacking that is) but today still felt like part of the festive season and I did get an attack of the munchies. Not having entertained over the holidays, I don't have a stash of those snacks that used to keep me happy for weeks after Christmas. I opened the fridge looking for inspiration and this became my snack:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Jarred artichoke hearts, store bought salsa and a little high quality sour cream.

Interesting!  I love art hearts.  I'll have to try this combo.

I'm currently filling my face with a piece of what turned out to be a surprisingly decent baguette (from the grocery store) split open, smeared with butter and filled with some shaved black forest ham. The bread won't win any prizes but it's got a much better crust than I usually find at the store and didn't require any effort from me (which may go a long way towards explaining why I'm finding it surprisingly decent).

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I keep  a container of Trader Joe's  dark chocolate covered almonds next to the computer.....

Elaina

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero

But the library must contain cookbooks. Elaina

My current snack is leftover Chex Mix (made from my mom's original recipe from the 60's). Oh, so good!

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

delicious cup (ok really a whole pot) of fresh home roasted  badasses coffee..roasted oily dark and  brewed super strong for extra gusto

best snack ever..and it most naturally contains my favorite drug. 

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

I had dinner and read  egullet today... My husband and daughter was tucked away in the kitchen to give me a few moments away from being  climbing frame.

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

image.jpg

It feels a little like bragging....but why not?

image.jpg

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

How could one help bragging, with that?  That's quite a haul!  :wub:

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

image.jpg

Reduced calorie potato chips. Why reduced calorie? Because if you have to get up and cook another handful you eat far less than when you just dump them out of the bag! That's what I'm claiming anyway.

• Like 5

My 2004 eG Blog

I was surprised to see this topic pop up with the star next to it that showed I'd commented in the past. I couldn't remember it at all - now I see that's because it was over 10 years ago! Then I had a desktop computer in the bedroom so would drink but not eat while using it - now I have a laptop. I'm having a Moscow Mule and sesame crackers with salami and provolone.

"There is nothing like a good tomato sandwich now and then."

-Harriet M. Welsch

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Reduced calorie potato chips. Why reduced calorie? Because if you have to get up and cook another handful you eat far less than when you just dump them out of the bag! That's what I'm claiming anyway.

Brilliant!

Completely agree.

image.jpg

Thank goodness the Asian store is far enough away that these only make an appearance a couple of times a year and I am sometimes wise enough not to stock up!

My 2004 eG Blog

Thank goodness the Asian store is far enough away that these only make an appearance a couple of times a year and I am sometimes wise enough not to stock up!

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou