• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 2)

elyse

I didn't even bother to search the 854 previous posts on this topic because I'm sure nobody has ever written:

I'm eating Saltines with Velveeta and Miso Paste!

SB :raz:

• 7 months later...

cap'n crunch with crunch berries :D

i'm sick, gimme a break haha

(awake at 3am with bronchitis, conjuctivitis and and ear infection/popped eardrum... and still on eGullet, i'm loyal to the end)

I've never eaten a Hot Pocket and thought "I'm glad I ate that."

Rona, just saw your post today. Yes they were ball-shaped cheetos. T'was so good and that huge jar didn't last long.

Now I am snacking on Nestle Crunch bars.

PS. Nargi, when I was sick with severe sinusitis last week that came with a pounding headache and face-ache (my lower sinus was so infected it made my cheek swollen), reading eGullet was the a major way for me to keep my mind off the constant pain. Loyal eGulleteer here too.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Rona, just saw your post today. Yes they were ball-shaped cheetos. T'was so good and that huge jar didn't last long.

Now I am snacking on Nestle Crunch bars.

PS. Nargi, when I was sick with severe sinusitis last week that came with a pounding headache and face-ache (my lower sinus was so infected it made my cheek swollen), reading eGullet was the a major way for me to keep my mind off the constant pain. Loyal eGulleteer here too.

I'm sure this will signify me as a complete freak, but when I was a little kid, I used to eat Chee-tos balls with white vinegar. I don't know why, but I loved it... and I hid it from everyone. Maybe I was subconsciously aware of the oddity of it all.

I've never eaten a Hot Pocket and thought "I'm glad I ate that."

I'm currently snacking on California Chip's "Earthquake" potato chips. They're a combination of salty and sour (like a salt & vinegar chip) but they also have just a touch of sweetness to them. So it's salty, sweet & sour, all in one chip. Very addicting.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Chocolate chip banana loaf from Capers (Whole Foods). Normally I'd make my own, but I (klutz) slipped on some ice a few weeks ago and not only broke my arm, but also sprained my knee. So I'm using my only good hand to crutch. No free hands for carrying around ingredients.

I'm gonna go bake something…

wanna come with?

I just found out I am grossly anemic :shock: (too bad there is no really pale smilie) so I am snacking on an iron pill and a pile of satumas

yes I agree with the idea of reading Egullet to helping a food lover recover from many things... I am very appreciative

it is good medicine!

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

• 4 weeks later...

Today it's Feridies Garlic Peanuts. They were a gift from my brother and his wife so I'm not sure where they bought them but if I were a betting man I'd say they got them from Cost Plus World Market.

Wow. These are some of the crunchiest canned peanuts I've ever eaten. I had the Cajun flavor (not too hot...just a litle heat) a month or so ago and they were just as crunchy.

The garlic flavor is shocking. I say "shocking" because it's so IN YOUR FACE. And it's not a nice mellow roasted garlic flavor. It's like they just sliced up a fresh clove of garlic and somehow put that into powder form and dusted the peanuts with it. At first, I was taken aback by the intensity of the garlic. And then I had to have another handful....and then another and so on. Thumbs up!

And the garlic stays with you long after you've eaten the peanuts. :laugh: Thank goodness for Altoids!

edited to expand and expound

Edited by Toliver (log)

Tim Oliver

Today it's Feridies Garlic Peanuts. They were a gift from my brother and his wife so I'm not sure where they bought them but if I were a betting man I'd say they got them from Cost Plus World Market.

Wow. These are some of the crunchiest canned peanuts I've ever eaten. I had the Cajun flavor (not too hot...just a litle heat) a month or so ago and they were just as crunchy.

The garlic flavor is shocking. I say "shocking" because it's so IN YOUR FACE. And it's not a nice mellow roasted garlic flavor. It's like they just sliced up a fresh clove of garlic and somehow put that into powder form and dusted the peanuts with it. At first, I was taken aback by the intensity of the garlic. And then I had to have another handful....and then another and so on. Thumbs up!

And the garlic stays with you long after you've eaten the peanuts. :laugh: Thank goodness for Altoids!

edited to expand and expound

life cereal and bananas

At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since. ‐ Salvador Dali

Homemade Bico (Filipino sticky rice cake). I went to a friend's birthday party and the host made bico with glutinous rice, coconut cream, sugar and ginger juice. Ummmm, so yummy.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

• 1 month later...
Homemade Bico (Filipino sticky rice cake). I went to a friend's birthday party and the host made bico with glutinous rice, coconut cream, sugar and ginger juice. Ummmm, so yummy.

Right now I am snacking on some low fat popcorn. My favorite is when I sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it. I work on behalf of Snapple and promote their new Antioxidant Water, so that is my drink of choice right now. :raz: It is sooo tasty! The light fruity flavor is the perfect combination with the salty popcorn. It is definitely my snack of choice these days.

baked lays and a bar of Dove dark chocolate.

The problem is: I'll go through the entire bar without realizing it before I finish browsing.

CVS "asian" trail mix - wasabi peas, sesame sticks, rice crackers, peanuts, cashews, almonds.

yum

"look real nice...............wrapped up twice"

Flirting with possible GI consequences (*see below) by eating a yummy mishmash of leftovers - edamamme salad tossed with cherry tomatoes tossed with marinated cooked shrimp.

*And its been in my fridge waiting for consumption for nearly a week, including a several hour stint at room temperature.

Hee.

"You can't taste the beauty and energy of the Earth in a Twinkie." - Astrid Alauda

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Lovers' Guide to Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Taos: OMG I wrote a book. Woo!

A honey whole wheat bagel from Einstein Bagels. NO honey flavor ....just a really really good bagel (my favorite kind from einsteins) - heavy on the plain cream cheese. toasted of course. MMMM

***Okay okay, my second honey whole wheat bagel,....hehe

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Red Vines "licorice" from the vending machine here at work. Surprisingly soft and fresh...not quite the hard shoe leather I was expecting from a vending machine.

Tim Oliver