• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 2)

elyse

Erm... I'm kinda embarrassed to admit I'm just snacking on peanut M&Ms. So trailer trash...

Add me to the trailer trash boat... I'm snacking on Nacho Cheese Bugles and another Mexican Coke. Bugles are nostalgia food for me... Grandma used to buy them for us.

Cheryl

God, I loved Bugles. They're not available over here, but I loved them so much, that I remember eating them on a Holiday to Florida, when I was about 6 years old!

There was a Pond full of Koi Carp nearby and I remember telling my Mum that "these are so good, I'm going to let the fish try them" - And they loved them too.

I think that pack of Bugles was extra special, because they had a promotional thing going on at the time and I found a prize voucher inside for $50. At 6 years old, that was mind-blowing stuff.

Please take a quick look at my stuff.

Flickr foods

Blood Sugar

I was just in the kitchen, cutting up a banana and a bloody great big spider ran across my foot. I went all "Caveman" and suddenly had the urge to go beserk and kill it beyond recognition.

I would have screamed bloody-murder and hubby would instinctively know there's a spider in my vicinity. Your post made me shudder involuntarily. :wacko:

Eating a chocochip peanut butter cupcake to make me feel better...

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

I just had my "snack" or rather meal for the morning.

Today it was my dinner leftovers, consisting of a whole wheat pita stuffed with guacamole, turkey breast and vidalia onion, with a side of 1/2 cup tiny green peas and 1/2 cup of baked beans made with sauted onion, roasted red peppers and black beans...they were really good! :smile:

And this old porch is like a steaming greasy plate of enchiladas,With lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad ...This Old Porch...Lyle Lovett

Lightly toasted chewy baguette slices spread with liverwurst, bit of Seville orange marmalade and thin sliced onion. Read about the combo somewhere and had to try it. The liverwurst was slightly warm as well. May have to slip off and make another set.

With "Shrek the Third" coming out soon, I am nibbling on some "Ogre-sized, Swamped with Peanut Butter" Peanut Butter M&M's. They've added a lovely Shrek green to the brown and orange colors of candy in the bag.

I think I'm addicted. :cool:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

a bag of Snyder's of Hanover jalapeno cheddar cheese pumpetnickel pretzel sandwiches - the most freakin' addictive things ever - and a glass of Early Times Kentucky Whiskey with ice...

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Babysitting a lil dude named Nate (4 months old, cute as a button...errr....if you consider those cute! lol). He is already asleep - after some difficulties and numerous rounds between rocking him, and placing him in the crib, rocking, crib, etc.....

Ah the peace.

As for food, eating some saltines (yea I know its the only crackers this family has...although I kinda like saltines :)) - I was told to help myself to whatever food drink - so I am not being rude...at least I hope its not rude to grab a lil of there food! I am here from 4PM-1AM...so I kinda have to!

Ok back to my snack, sorry about this blabbing I don't know what is wrong with me/....

Saltines with peanut butter on some (smooth) and cheese on others....a lil lunch meat turkey breast (boars head...yes yes the good stuff from the deli, love boars head brand meats) on the side to put on the crackers and cheese (when I feel like it, sometimes I eat the crackers and cheese as is).

A glass of milk too...skim...its all they have. I can make due :)

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Salty dutch licorice squares, from my favorite sweet shop:

http://www.thecandylady.com/

Andrea

in Albuquerque

"You can't taste the beauty and energy of the Earth in a Twinkie." - Astrid Alauda

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Lovers' Guide to Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Taos: OMG I wrote a book. Woo!

Finishing up the Ogre-sized Shrek Peanut Butter M&M's today I noticed that the "M" that's painted on the candy has little nubby ears, just like Shrek. It's quite funny that I didn't even notice that little detail until I was on about the last one. :laugh:

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

a heel slice of freshly baked portugese sweet bread with some butter

and a glass of frexinet carta nevada

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

A high-protein tortilla with a ton of alfalfa sprouts, a smear of tahini, many drops of Tabasco and sunflower seeds. Tryin' out the healthy thang.

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

An impulse buy I picked up last night- chocolate tortilla chips. Not chocolate dipped- cocoa powder is mixed in with the ground corn......

I like 'em. Especially when they're accompanied by a small scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt :biggrin: They're not very sweet and actually have a slightly bitter edge to them. It's like a corn chip with a chocolate aftertaste.....I guess this is an updated way to have chips and ice cream as a snack :raz:

martini - 4:1, gin to vermouth

some olives - picholine and kalamata

chunks of crumbled ricotta salata

some reduced fat triscuits

alcohol, salt, salt and salt........

perhaps i should post this on the pms thread instead

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Chewy ginger candies, some flavored with peppermint, others with peanut butter.

And where, pray tell, did you find those candies?

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"