• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 2)

elyse

I've baked about 2 dozens of these chicken curry pies.... I've been grabbing a couple and snacking on it while browsing eGullet at night.  :wub:

gallery_48583_3621_250549.jpg

yummm I want one of those please!!!!

I am starved at work and wishing I could have some of these snacks!!! there is nothing here to eat!!! :sad:

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Currently nibbling on some shelled walnuts. They seem to satisfy without being filling.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Restorer: There's something seemingly odd about that and I don't know what. It seems very unsettling though. Are you wearing hats on your feet and playing Chess on the ceiling too? :biggrin:

I just had a banana sandwich in a Pita bread, which promptly fell apart, leaving me with a plate of sliced banana and flaps of bread.

Please take a quick look at my stuff.

Flickr foods

Blood Sugar

flourless almond butter cookies... kind of crumbly but very addictive (just the right salty/sweet balance for me)

Spam in my pantry at home.

Think of expiration, better read the label now.

Spam breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Think about how it's been pre-cooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold.

wierd al ~ spam

Ranch flavored Pringles. This is really bad, because I try to eat a local focussed artisianal diet, but I cannot give up the Pringles. I had never tried the ranch flavor until today and only bought them because the store was sold out of the BBQ ones. This flavor is really disgusting btw.

A blueberry/strawberry/pineapple smoothie made with orange juice (I make smoothiers all the time but actually bought this one at a smoothie/sandwhich shop in the city called FreshChoice

And

A blueberry bagel with plain cream cheese (heavy on on the cream cheese, very heavy) from einstiens bagels

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Nibbling on some leftover Dove Dark Chocolate foil-covered Easter "eggs" that someone in the office brought in this morning.

How anyone can have leftover chocolate is beyond me. :raz::laugh:

Tim Oliver

Mexican Coke? Is this the supposedly superior one, made with real corn syrup?

Made with cane sugar, not corn syrup. Got 24 12oz bottles at the local Costco (in an area with a large Mexican population) for $18. At the little local Mexican markets and restaurants, they're between $1.25-$2 for a single bottle.

Cheryl

it is my day off so I am a snacking on a very nice fatty breakfast of olives, provolone cheese and a cut up perfectly ripe avocado with a cup of Batdorf and Bronson's Tanzanian peaberry wth heavy on the heavy cream and a spectacular view of the Puget Sound..we all work hard......life is very good ....we deserve to enjoy it!

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

it is my day off so I am a snacking on a very nice fatty breakfast of olives, provolone cheese and a cut up perfectly ripe avocado with a cup of Batdorf and Bronson's Tanzanian peaberry wth heavy on the heavy cream and a spectacular view of the Puget Sound..we all work hard......life is very good ....we deserve to enjoy it!

Words to live by! I'm eating a Clif Nectar bar, which is a hybrid candy bar/energy bar type thing sold at the hippie grocery store next to my office. It's the dark chocolate and walnut variety, which lists dates as its first ingredient. Not surprisingly then, it mostly has the taste and texture of dates with a shot of dark chocolate and walnut chunks. Not bad.

I am currently snacking on some homemade beef jerky sold by a fellow employee.

I buy his extra spicy hot jerky. Being a chilehead, I originally gave him grief over his weak attempts at spiciness. So he's been slowly cranking up the heat level with each new batch.

It's odd but when I first started nibbling on this batch, I thought he may have reached the right plateau. But I've discovered I'm becoming inured to the heat again.

And so goes the life of a chilehead... :laugh:

Tim Oliver

A piece of fresh Jewish seeded rye, from the bakery, that's supposed to be for tonight's dinner...

It's here, I'm here, dinnertime hasn't arrived yet...no rye would be safe.

I was just in the kitchen, cutting up a banana and a bloody great big spider ran across my foot. I went all "Caveman" and suddenly had the urge to go beserk and kill it beyond recognition.

Snack-wise, I did end up with a banana and some yoghurt.

Edited by GTO (log)

Please take a quick look at my stuff.

Flickr foods

Blood Sugar