• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting... (Part 2)

elyse

Popcorn with lots of salt and a little parmesan, or dry cereal usually.

Right now I've got a fridge full of raspberries (went berry picking on the weekend), so it's a big bowl of beautiful juicy berries for me (not so good for my white iBook though :wacko:)

Cutting the lemon/the knife/leaves a little cathedral:/alcoves unguessed by the eye/that open acidulous glass/to the light; topazes/riding the droplets,/altars,/aromatic facades. - Ode to a Lemon, Pablo Neruda

Good chocolate slowly melting in my mouth, alternating small pieces of milk and 85% dark; slowly savoring small pieces of several kinds of good cheese; plain home-made yogurt; baby carrots, sugar peas, radishes, cherry tomatoes, yellow bell pepper - if I'm in the mood for something crrrrunchy.

I usually try not to snack late at night. However, I have been known to fail at that attempt. Often. And my favorite food to fail with, by far, is a pint of Haagen Das. Cherry Garcia, coffee and pistachio are among my favorites, but really almost any flavor will do. Ice cream and the internet seem to be made for each other.

• 2 months later...

In keeping with my food fetish, I usually have something that uses or tastes like cheese by my side as I take my random walks through eGullet.

Tonight, it's a box of Fiesta Nacho Cheez-its -- the new variety with the entertaining commercial where the guy learning Spanish is attacked by the boombox playing the learn-Spanish tape.

On more occasions than I care to count, it's a plate of crackers spread with peanut butter and topped with slices of Cheddar, Swiss or Monterey Jack.

On occasion, it's celery or carrot sticks with dip.

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

Whenever I glance at the title of this thread, I see

"Snacking while Eating."

And I simply can't think of another place where that might actually be the title of a thread.

:biggrin:

That's so funny,*Deborah*!

I was snacking eating on these krupuk ikan: fish crackers/chips/crisps.

gallery_11814_1914_44929.jpg

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti

:biggrin:

Quesadillas of a sort, I guess: built from the bottom, that would be a flour tortilla with good green salsa to start. Then come the last of the good plum tomatoes from a friend's garden (sliced) and cut-up brown mushrooms, with a chiffonade of basil fluffed over all. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese to taste (mixed with chopped parsley to taste), and bake at 375 degrees F around 20 minutes.

Eating these with a bunch of seedless green grapes, and drinking a fun New Zealand cava. And reading eGullet. Very cool.

These depend on what's in the produce drawer on a case-by-case basis, but I am one full and happy lady right now.

:raz:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

• 1 year later...

brown sugar/brown rice pudding, loaded with cinnamon.

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

I've baked about 2 dozens of these chicken curry pies.... I've been grabbing a couple and snacking on it while browsing eGullet at night. :wub:

gallery_48583_3621_250549.jpg

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos