• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Calgary Food Trucks

MikeMac

Food trucks love them.

It's so much better to do one singular thing right. Plus the cost of admission is much cheaper than a traditional restaurant allowing Chefs to do it for themselves.

What's everyone's favorite?

Mike Macdonald Calgary

Actually one of my favorites is Rocky's Burgers  its one of the original food Trucks  its a converted bus that was in one location for years then  it moved to Crossroads market.  Its still run by Rocky and his family.

Go Hungry very hungry  

Another one I like the look of is Farm Girls  have some neat home make things.

Also Chef Mario at Burger 320 will get his trucks back on the road soon he used to do pizza's not sure what he will come up with now.

Mike Macdonald Calgary

Calgary is great in the winter. You just have to pick your days. Locations are more limited and try Sticky Rickies, and of course Jelly Modern or if you can find it the amazing Alley Burger I never have but freinds told me they tried it.

In reviewing my posts I do not think I am giving a balanced view of our trucks we have wonderful ethnic food truck operations my problem is getting the names straight.

If it smells good and looks good try it.

Mike Macdonald Calgary

And alley burgers is associated with one of my favorite restaurants in Calgary CHARCUT its anchored by co-chefs and co-owners John Jackson and Connie DeSousa,

I now think I will look for a forum on Calgary's best restaurants and post my views on CHARCUT.

Mike Macdonald Calgary