• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

basquecook

May 2014 China Trip

82 posts in this topic

I'm really enjoying this also. Very interesting to see the variety of food items, I wouldn't necessarily enjoy eating some of them but I'm enjoying the idea of them!

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

thanks guys.. I am in Chengdu for the next few days.. Tonight, i am heading to Yu's Family Kitchen or Restaurant. It's a place that has been on my list for some time now.. Chengdu is better than what I expected.. Such a pretty city.. Today I visited this gorgeous Buddhist Monastery ate a bunch of spicy food and was just able to walk and walk for the first time in a few weeks.. I have been basically immobile sitting at a desk 12 hours a day for close to 3 weeks straight.  So, getting out and about is a freedom i am enjoying.. I even slept a little! 

here is a little something spicy for ya! 

14152048670_7e9a77da13_z.jpg

i plan to finish up the postings when i return to desk life.. 

Thanks for following so far. 

14157005318_79a8993f60_z.jpg

3 people like this

“I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted" JK

Wow. I can almost feel the burn from that! Your dedication to posting all these photos and telling us about this food is impressive. I am very grateful.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

many thanks.  enjoy it all, and like the occasional 'establishing' shot of the city/town etc

Wow, I just googled Yu's Family Kitchen. Looks incredible!