• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

May 2014 China Trip

basquecook

I'm really enjoying this also. Very interesting to see the variety of food items, I wouldn't necessarily enjoy eating some of them but I'm enjoying the idea of them!

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

thanks guys.. I am in Chengdu for the next few days.. Tonight, i am heading to Yu's Family Kitchen or Restaurant. It's a place that has been on my list for some time now.. Chengdu is better than what I expected.. Such a pretty city.. Today I visited this gorgeous Buddhist Monastery ate a bunch of spicy food and was just able to walk and walk for the first time in a few weeks.. I have been basically immobile sitting at a desk 12 hours a day for close to 3 weeks straight.  So, getting out and about is a freedom i am enjoying.. I even slept a little! 

here is a little something spicy for ya! 

14152048670_7e9a77da13_z.jpg

i plan to finish up the postings when i return to desk life.. 

Thanks for following so far. 

14157005318_79a8993f60_z.jpg

• Like 3

“I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted" JK

Wow. I can almost feel the burn from that! Your dedication to posting all these photos and telling us about this food is impressive. I am very grateful.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog