• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dipping Sauce to go with Southwest Grilled Shrimp?

MAL7DC

Hi,

I am making Southwest Grilled Shrimp for Memorial Day tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good dipping sauce to pair with it? 

The shrimp uses a McCormick Perfect Pinch Southwest Spice, Garlic, Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Brown Sugar ect. It is a slightly spicy grilled shrimp that is great! 

I was thinking maybe a Russian Dressing Dipping sauce would be good, but I have never made that before. I would love any suggestions. 

Plain guacamole is the answer: avocado, lime, salt, cilantro, nothing else. Trust me on this. Sorry, Russian dressing a huge mistake.

Not so sure about that. Shrimp Lejon is a Chesapeake staple that has a Russian dip.

A little late for Memorial Day.

I make a marinated grilled shrimp recipe quite often.  I finish the hot shrimp with fresh squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro.  Serve them immediately, they are great when they're hot.

Late to the party, but a good dipping sauce for any shrimp is coconut mango pepper sauce. It is mildly spicy but you can always add some cayenne powder if you like more heat. I use this dipping sauce for my coconut panko breaded shrimp.