• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

introducing myself

hello, I'm Baudouin, I live in Brussels (where fries really come from, they never were french), most of my week-end projects include cooking. 

There is a store selling cooking equipment to professionals in my neighborhood so I have access to various equipment at a reasonable price.

Any question ? 

• Like 1

We certainly would! What kind of sauce, if any, do you like with them?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Hi Baudouin, I did not know the Belgians invented 'French' fries. Do you love mayonnaise on fries as much as the Dutch do?

I'm a Kiwi living in Bristol UK and wondering if the weather in Brussels can be as bad as it is here where I also spend a lot of time on cooking projects and sourcing reasonably priced commercial equipment from a local catering company that has a clearance warehouse. So far we have picked up 2 commercial 4 kW Bonnet induction hobs, a 30 litre rice cooker that I turned into a sous vide water bath with a Home made PID controller, several bain maries, a commercial citrus juicer, a Santos electronic dosing coffee grinder, commercial Kitchenaid stand mixer, a massive 370mm commercial Avery Berkel meat slicer and a fantastic Elegen Sfera chamber vacuum packer capable of packing 15 litre bags. All good fun in the name of domestic cooking bliss but it is beginning to take over our small apartment!

What have you found so far?