• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rittenhouse is Changing Its Label

weinoo

I think Mitch meant WT101, which is inded $40/liter at Astor. Rittenhouse is $25 for the 750.

DrunkLab.tumblr.com

”In Demerara some of the rum producers have a unique custom of placing chunks of raw meat in the casks to assist in aging, to absorb certain impurities, and to add a certain distinctive character.” -Peter Valaer, "Foreign and Domestic Rum," 1937

I think Mitch meant WT101, which is inded $40/liter at Astor. Rittenhouse is $25 for the 750.

Correct.  I should just stick with my jugs of Pikesville - $17.99 for 1.75L!

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

$40 for WT101 rye? That's crazy. It sells for around $25 here but it's hard to find.

That must be $25 for a 750 of the old make. The new release is in 1L bottles...so, you'd pay $34, assuming they price it at a similar rate. Then, factor in the NYC markup and $40 sounds about right.

True rye and true bourbon wake delight like any great wine...dignify man as possessing a palate that responds to them and ennoble his soul as shimmering with the response.

DeVoto, The Hour

That must be $25 for a 750 of the old make. The new release is in 1L bottles...so, you'd pay $34, assuming they price it at a similar rate. Then, factor in the NYC markup and $40 sounds about right.

If you see the original WT101 in 750's at $25 and you like rye I would encourage you to buy! I find the older bottle to be better. Not a huge difference perhaps and especially if you primarily mix with it but to my palate at least it was better even in a blind SBS.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. ~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...

~tanstaafl2

As I said, $30ish for 1L of the new make 101 rye.

Mitch, where are you getting 1.75s of Pikesville?

On my drives to and from DC, I sometimes stop at State Line Liquors, exit 109B - the first one when heading south on I-95, in Maryland.

That's the first place I ever saw Pikesville.  It's the kind of a place where old geezers stop in and buy jugs of the cheap (and sometimes good) stuff...Old Fitzgerald, Evan Williams, etc. all at rock bottom prices.  

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?