• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Darienne

Hard candy dog molds - ISO

Darienne   

I make lollipops for local organizations to sell to made some money.  And while I do have a goodly number of hard candy molds, I've been unable to find suitable dog molds and would dearly love to buy some.  I've checked a number of online sites and found nothing that I can use so far. 

Any help out there?  Please and thank you. 

Sorry.  Should have been more specific.  Hard candy dog LOLLIPOP molds only. 

Edited by Darienne (log)

rajoress   
gfweb   

The only one really worth having is an Airedale.

• Like 1

Darienne   

Watch out, gweb.  They'll get you for that!!!

Thanks rajoress.  It's never exactly what you want, but it's a good start.  Have you ordered and used any of these lollipop molds yourself?  The problem can be can that they really aren't formed quite correctly to take a lolly stick.  I've had that experience.  Except for the paw print mold, they do look as if they might well be correctly formed to take the stick.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

rajoress   

Darienne - I typically don't make lollipops but I have bought from the 'getsuckered" website for pops for wedding favors. I work with chocolate and it usually is tricky in getting the stick to lie straight, I notice that sometimes the channel for the stick slopes down so if you don't watch out, the stick will pop out of the chocolate. Sometimes I wait until the chocolate is set before putting the stick in, but I'm assuming you don't have this luxury with hard candy. Sorry I'm not more help! Best of luck!

Ruth

Darienne   

Thanks Ruth.  I can always fall back on my old standard large rounds. 

And no, you can barely get all the candy mixture out of its container before it simply hardens inside around the walls.  It helps to work with someone who can reposition whatever sticks need resticking. 

• Similar Content

• By pastrygirl
      I'm watching The Sweet Makers on BBC - four British pastry chefs & confectioners recreate Tudor, Georgian, and Victorian sweets with petiod ingredients and equipment. A little British Baking Show, a little Downtown Abbey. 

Check it it out for a slice of pastry history. 

BBC viewer only available to the U.K., but on this side of the pond where there's a will, there's a way. 
    • By boombonniewhale
      Hello! I was wondering if anyone on here has tried using an induction cooktop with confection making (caramels, fondant, marshmallows ect...). My stove has literally three settings, and the low setting still burns sugar and there is no such thing as maintaining any sort of "simmer". I was looking into getting a cooktop and buying some copper sugar pots and mauviel makes this thing that goes inbetween. I would love to hear any input into this idea or your experiences!

~Sarah
    • By ChocoMom
      Greetings all! 
      Quick question ...Has anyone used confectionery coating in ganache, and been successful?   I'd normally not do this, but I have a very dear friend who is allergic to chocolate. Her son is graduating from high school, and she hired me to do chocolates.   We'd all like for her to enjoy something from the selections at the reception.  The only pieces I can do for her without any chocolate derivatives is of the white chocolate variety.  So, white confectionery coating is the only alternative I can find to sub in. 

Now, with the actual chocolates, I did a butter ganache with white chocolate, mango puree and coconut. (Tastes amazing, btw.)   If I do the same method with the softened butter, glucose; then mix in melted confectionery coating, will it harden up when I add the puree, or stay soft?   I tend to think it would be okay, but I absolute hate the idea of wasting that puree.  So, thought it best to ask here and see if this a disaster in the making- or a decent alternative...
      Thank you for any help and advice you're able to lend.  As always, your expertise is very much appreciated! 
      Andrea
    • By pastrygirl
      Some chocolate makers have incredibly intricate chocolate molds that boggle my mind.  How do they clean them?  Or do they not clean/polish them?  Or have an army of interns?  Or just do it perfectly every time and polishing molds is for suckers anyway?

They are beautiful, but seem so very impractical.  What am I missing?

The Soma is not bad, mostly thin lines, but the Askinosie ...

• By kriz6912
      [Host's note: to ease the load on our servers this topic has been split.  The discussion continues from here.]

Chocolate nails...

And a "How it's made!" video...