• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Calgary Best Restaurants

MikeMac

• 3 weeks later...

CHARCUT roast house

Anchored by co-chefs and co-owners John Jackson and Connie DeSousa,

They are a roast house love the quick lunches at either 15 or 25 in and out in under an hour if you want to be.

Dinner is another matter start with the CHARCUT BOARD all homemade then move on to the Share Burger Mixture of ground pork and beef and bought by the oz.

Everything can be shared family style.

Mike Macdonald Calgary

It seems to me that many office building rooftops in Calgary are not just for mechanical equipment. 

For an outsider like myself, I would be interested in good rooftop eating establishments.

dcarch

Personally I am not aware of any public outside roof top patio dining experiences. To quote an earlier post under Calgary food trucks "I wondered why the parking stalls in Calgary had plug-in's . Then I found out"...

We have excellent dining patios places like Bonterria's but a windy downtown office buildings roof might be comfortable 10? Days a year bring it down near ground level and add heaters and shelter from the wind you might get 90? To 180? Days per year of use. Nice thing is we do not have a bad bug problem.

We have a South West Deck on our home we are just starting to use it now and it will be finished by end of September.

Mike Macdonald Calgary

• 1 month later...

Steak done right. TRIB Steakhouse Calgary

A big problem in Calgary is the lack of good steak houses.

We have the old standbys tired over priced and way over salted that I will not bother naming them.

We had a group of twenty in town for Stampede and booked at the TRIB

Worked out real well. Juanita was our server, and she is a fantastic, professional and passionate individual, we were are lucky to have her. For wine we did Your wine the Seghesio Zinfandel from Sonoma, CA.

The Resturant messed up one steak and a couple of the bottles of wine had something wrong but Juanita and her team not only made things right they did not make a fuss about it.

When a Kitchen gets slammed with 20 picky eaters who all want to get served at once mistakes happen Juanita and her team handled thinks really well in fact when the one errant steak came out it was considered by the eater fantastic.

I highly recommend the TRIB and further Juanita a lady that really knows her food and wine.

Mike Macdonald Calgary

Well the guy who owns it certainly has the money to do it right he developed the area . I personally have not eaten their I have at the previous versions and it was not my favorite I do not like the room. But things change... Calgary is so nice in our short summer maybe checkout Rouge better food or the River Cafe better location IF weather is nice and enjoy our summer.

Mike Macdonald Calgary

Well the guy who owns it certainly has the money to do it right he developed the area . I personally have not eaten their I have at the previous versions and it was not my favorite I do not like the room. But things change... Calgary is so nice in our short summer maybe checkout Rouge better food or the River Cafe better location IF weather is nice and enjoy our summer.

Thanks. We're from Edmonton and usually like to try a new place when we go through Calgary and we really like tasting menus. We've been to both Rouge and River Cafe although it's been years so maybe we should revisit. Our usual place when we can't find anything new we want is Chef's Table at the kensington inn which has always been great.