• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself, Latoya is my name, and I love food. I love learning about food and the science behind it. I recently purchased the modernist cuisine book set, and I love it. Nathan Myhrvold if you're reading this, I'd simply like to say that you and your team did a superb job in putting these books together---great information. Aside from that, I'm a former personal chef, turned mommy to a now 2 year old, turned food blogger. As a mom to a toddler time is a premium which I rarely have. Non active cooking has become my favorite way to cook. I love gadgets that can save me time, and my kitchen is stocked with lots of time saving gadgets. Now that I've read MC I'll need to add a few more. I'm currently looking at reviews for a sous vide machine, and can't wait to read what machine you all think works best. I'm excited to learn from you all, and thanks so much for having me:-)

Hi, Latoya. Welcome to eG.

We're a (mostly) friendly, if sometimes argumentative, bunch. Dive on in and have fun.

We get a bit passionate about our chosen weapons, but I'm coming down heavily in favour of the Anova. It's great.

See you in the forums.

• Like 1

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory