• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Lamb Moussaka suppliers in London

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hearing good remarks about Yalla Yalla but it is always busy people said. is it really the case?  My daughter and her husband will be back from New York next saturday, we use to go to the restaurant once they come in the Uk,maybe we will give a first try at Konaki. I didn't expect there are companies who are still working on mail order, my wife was addicted to this kind of process at her time unfortunately she is not there.I'd be grateful if you can remember me the process Jennifer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can also prepare it instead of ordering food from unknown brand, thanks a lot Jennifer. Anyway, I found interesting recipes on Delices Gourmandises blog,  this one for example http://delicesandgourmandise.blog.co.uk/2014/07/28/delices-gourmandises-chili-con-carne-18983262/ I love that spicy dish.

I was looking for Lamb Moussaka recipe but didn't find any. I should have prepare it myself, don't you think Mjx?

I can also prepare it instead of ordering food from unknown brand, thanks a lot Jennifer. Anyway, I found interesting recipes on Delices Gourmandises blog,  this one for example http://delicesandgourmandise.blog.co.uk/2014/07/28/delices-gourmandises-chili-con-carne-18983262/ I love that spicy dish.

I was looking for Lamb Moussaka recipe but didn't find any. I should have prepare it myself, don't you think Mjx?

Making the moussaka yourself would guarantee that it is fresh and of the quality you want, but your question in the OP, 'any recommendations of the best supplier in London?', suggested that you were looking for it ready-made. . . don't you think, Léo? ;)

If you make that recipe, do report on the results. I find the amount of ground hot chili recommended quite interesting.

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

• 4 months later...

Good grief! You want to order moussaka via mail order? Just get yourself a nice leg of lamb, spike it with garlic and rosemary and baste with a bit of olive oil - cook long and slow and enjoy a slap-up Greek style roast with roast potatoes and roast vegetables.

Refrigerate the leftover leg and mince the stripped-off meat for your moussaka when you are ready. It really is a simple dish that the Greeks traditionally made with the leftover roast. Just need some eggplant, spices and a few tomatoes to add to the minced lamb. Top off with a white cheese sauce with egg and bake until hot and the sauce is set and browned. Somewhere I have a recipe from a Greek lady who gave it to me in the 70's and which I have made many times. If you want a copy, I will dig it out and type it up for you. John.

• Like 1

Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

Some time ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die.

• 1 year later...
On 22/05/2014 at 3:57 PM, Léo said:

I've been hearing good remarks about Yalla Yalla but it is always busy people said. is it really the case?  My daughter and her husband will be back from New York next saturday, we use to go to the restaurant once they come in the Uk,maybe we will give a first try at Konaki. I didn't expect there are companies who are still working on mail order, my wife was addicted to this kind of process at her time unfortunately she is not there.I'd be grateful if you can remember me the process Jennifer.

Yalla Yalla is perfect if you are looking for comfort food though some of the dishes are overpriced. As far as mailing order is concerned, both Delices and Gourmandises and Donald Russell are reliable indeed but when you went on ordering something online, you must always deal with the order process which is simple. You just have to complete the order form and send it to the company given adresses, you can use your email. You'll have to wait for 2 or 3 days for the delivery, it also depends on the delivery sytem of each company.