• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Chef" the Film

Lisa Shock

Jon Favreau has a film titled Chef which is opening in limited release today. It won't be showing in Phoenix/Scottsdale for another week or so. Right now, the Rotten Tomatoes score is holding at 88%. Here's the trailer. I like a lot of Favreau's work, so, I am curious about this film and will go see it as soon as I can. Just wondering if anyone has seen it yet, and how accurately the cooking life is portrayed.

playing in hollywood this afternoon and since i have a broken back, i've got time on my hands! might try to get there this afternoon. saw this yesterday:

http://la.eater.com/archives/2014/05/08/on_the_scene_at_jon_favreaus_chef_premiere_last_night.php

• Like 1

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

• 1 month later...

playing in hollywood this afternoon and since i have a broken back, i've got time on my hands! might try to get there this afternoon. saw this yesterday:

http://la.eater.com/archives/2014/05/08/on_the_scene_at_jon_favreaus_chef_premiere_last_night.php

Jeez, chezcherie!  I did that last September and I'm still not in the best shape!  Take care of yourself and do your therapy!  So sorry this happened to you!

We saw it tonight and liked it a lot.  It was a private screening - a food bank fund raiser - with lots of area restaurant/food/media types and it got lots of laughs and drooly sounds at all the right moments. 

• Like 1