• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pale Ale Ganache

ChocoMom

I'm wondering if anyone has experimented using pale ale in a ganache?  In addition to my own shop, I've also been making truffles, etc. for a local establishment and the owners requested something utilizing a pale ale. This is a new one for me.

The Guinness truffle  (with pretzels and beer nuts) flew off the shelves so fast, that they now have a calling list for it.  I recently finished the R&D phase, and taste testing on another using Red Jacket Amber....turns out that it too, is a hit.  The amber had a subtle caramel undertone...and worked quite nicely in milk chocolate. 

I am lost on the pale ale, though.  Any thoughts, recommendations - or warnings- would be most appreciated! 

(We do have a local brewery, and their 'beer chemist' offered to work with me on developing chocolate-friendly brews....so I could tap him for some help. But, I'd like to give this a run right now, using something that is already out there..so I know what to aim for if we do collaborate on some chocolate/beer pairings.)  

Thanks so much for any help on this!

Andrea

-Andrea

A 'balanced diet' means chocolate in BOTH hands. :biggrin: