• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

introduction and question

I am a retired veterinarian living in Stillwater Oklahoma. Since retiring, my love of food and cooking has expanded into a nearly full time passion. I spend most of my time in the kitchen or online looking at recipes and reading about food. I also enjoy traveling to food destinations, both to eat and shop. 

I have been enjoying reading the posts here but wonder if there is a better way to navigate. Is it possible to either mark posts as read and have only unread posts display, or have the newest posts in a thread displayed on top? I clicked around at length to try to figure this out but was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance.

Cindy

• Like 1

Cindy -

Welcome to the forums, great to see someone else from Oklahoma here (I live in Norman).

The board automatically keeps track of what you've read, so you don't need to do it manually. To return to the last post you read in a topic, click on the blue circle (or star, if you've posted in the discussion) to the left of the topic name. You can also get a list of topics you have not read, sorted by most recent post, by clicking "View New Content" at the top of the screen and the changing the setting in the sidebar that appears on the left to "Content I have not read". 

Chris

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org