• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Anova Precision Cooker Announced May 6, 2014

pmilas

Hello, 

This is my first post here, and it happens to be about new precision cooker from Anova. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here it is.

what do you think? 

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/new-anova-precision-cooker-best-cheapest-sous-vide-circulator-on-the-market.html

it seems that they have made very good improvements. the kickstarter campaign has started, so I got my name on the founders club list :)

P

Edited by pmilas (log)

Over $100,000.  Looks like I have two of these bad boys coming!  F*ck yeah!

I hope someone at Serious Eats is getting a free device; that's where I saw the news.  Quite by chance, I might add.

They sold out of their $99 units in the time it took for me to order two.

Edited by Adam George (log)
  • Like 1

The Dead Parrot; Built from the ground up by bartenders, for everyone:

Monkey Shoulder Ultimate Bartender Champions, 2015

Twitter

Instagram

Untappd

Yeah, it went down from 400 to go to nothing pretty quick.

Still, The Dev Pack is good value.

I hope they'll introduce some cool stretch goals.

Edited by Adam George (log)

Twitter

Instagram

Untappd

I'm in at $129.  And it's my first Kickstarter to boot!

I bought a SideKIC when it first came out.  Luckily, I was able to dump it during Amazon's 30-day return period due to a faulty display.  Glad I dodged that bullet.

I've been a very satisfied Sous Vide Magic customer, but everyone knows it's a wee bit of a pain to set up.  If I can keep the SVM in the garage on a permanent basis, I'll be happy to have a more compact unit around for use in the kitchen.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

In at $129, also my first Kickstarter project. This was sort of an impulse buy, but I have been following Kenji's home-user SV reviews for a while and thought about going in.

Wow, I missed the 99 while I was on the webpage but got in at the 129. I hope they make an Android app and have the app hold user preferences 

Edited by Beusho (log)
  • Like 1

“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”

In at $129, also my first Kickstarter project. This was sort of an impulse buy, but I have been following Kenji's home-user SV reviews for a while and thought about going in.

The 220V and International shipping included sealed the deal for me.

Twitter

Instagram

Untappd

nah.  you will use both:  the smaller puppy for small jobs and re-heats

the Top Dog for larger jobs  and both for Goliath Jobs.

that's my plan

But then I still have  the basement-dwelling  SV Supreme which, oddly,  I use more than the Anova.

got the email

for 99 you get what you get I think, in terms of colors   there were offers for a bit more for a white

cant say much on the 110/220

maybe check w them if possible

there is a "manage your pledge" button but it doesnt go anywhere to change you 99 $$ I tihnk

maybe they send you the one based on your address?

be a bummer to get the 220 w a 110 set up and visa versa.

Edited by rotuts (log)

Hm, did any of you get an email confirmation, and was anyone able to specify white/black or 110/220v?

czech your emails:

Pledge Summary AMOUNT PLEDGED

$99.00 USD

REWARD

FOUNDERS CLUB: Special pricing for the Anova precision cooker. The unit will retail for $169. Get exclusive product updates and your name and photo featured on our Website and your name included in our product packaging. Available in either white or black and 120V or 220V. FREE SHIPPING, WORLDWIDE.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY

Oct 2014

If this project is successfully funded, your card will be charged on:

TUE, JUN 17 2014 3:45 PM EDT

When your reward is ready, Anova Culinary will send you a survey via email to request any info needed to deliver your reward (mailing address, t-shirt size, etc).

I presume this means colour and voltage and that this is an automatic response.

Twitter

Instagram

Untappd

It pisses me off that they didn't come on here and tell us it was coming. We gave Jeff a TON of feedback and we didn't even get a chance at the $99 units. By the time I got the email, over 2,200 people had already pledged and all the cheap units were long gone. I can't believe that's how they treat their most loyal customers who just wanted to help them make a better product. Not happy at all!

Jennifer

Apparently, I have my mom to thank for loving to cook. As she always says, "You should thank me for never cooking. It forced you to learn how!"