• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi from Austin, TX!

Hi All,

I am a restaurant manager working in Austin at a private restaurant. 

I recently bought a home use immersion circulator, and I'm looking forward to trying it out! I can't decide between salmon, eggs, pork belly, or beef short ribs to try first, but it's a good problem to have! 

Looking forward to exploring your community!

Cheers,

Graeme

• Like 1

Welcome, Graeme! You've come to the right place...you'll find lots of information about using immersion circulators at home, and sous vide, and other Modernist cookery here: successes, failures, discoveries, questions and answers. Come on in and join the fun!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Hi Graeme!

A quick way to find many of our immersion circulator topics is to use the Advanced Search feature:

• At the top of every page, you'll see the Search box, and a little gear just to the right of it. Click the gear.
  • On the Search page, scroll down a little until you see the Find Tags box.
  • Type Modernist in the box and click on the Search Now button.
  • You'll get 27 pages of Modernist topics, many of which concern immersion circulators and sous vide cooking.

The default listing is by date, with the most recent listed first, but you can sort however you like by clicking on the sort buttons in the bright blue bar at the top of the list.

See you on the forums!

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.