• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help with PacoJet Tartare

Hi guys. I tried to pull this off a little while ago without success and was hoping to have the experts chime in. I cubed some flank steak, dumped it in a canister, covered with stock, froze for 24 hours, then tried to Pacotize with the blade that came in the coup set. The machine couldn't get the blade into the meatsicle and stopped itself, displaying 'EE' on the LEDs, which freaked me out (I don't want to break my baby).

Upon inspection of the canister, I could see that it looked like the blade just spun around on top of the icy meat block, then stopped.

What may've gone wrong here? Wrong blade? Frozen too solid? Too much liquid? I hesitate to try again in case I break the thing.

Unfortunately I never used a PacoJet. But from what I read in the different manuals it seem that you're not using the right blade.

According to page 9 of the manual

http://www.pacojet.com/en/downloads/Pacojet_Manual_2012_EN_v20121203_bogen.pdf

The Pacojet Coupe Set is designed exclusively for chopping, mixing and beating fresh, non-frozen foods with a Pacojet machine.

So you're probably just using the wrong blade. Try to do a cycle with an empty container. If that work correctly with no EE code you probably didn't break anything. (Maybe the blade itself...) If you were using the right blade it may be frozen too hard or it thawed a bit and can move in the container.

Good luck with your toy!

Louis-Frederic