• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need unusual Fried Food Ideas!

Hello,

I am a concessionaire at the State Fair of Texas. Every year we have a fried food competition and coming up with new ideas is getting more difficult. I just wanted to ask all of you if you have any fried food ideas that are not common and would be fairly easy to mass produce. (Our fair is 24 days long and if you win the fried food competition, I would expect to serve around 15,000-20,000 servings. Any suggestions would be awesome. (If you have ideas that are not fried but perhaps cryo-poached in Liquid Nitrogen, that if fine as well.) It just needs to be something different and taste good. Some of my previous entries have made national and world news.