• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Modernist Cuisine at Home] Microwave

I just bought the "home edition" and read it with interest. Particularly the microwave section. It explains it all, but I never did much with mine but melt chocolate. I am a caterer and do my bit of cooking but never enjoyed my micro to do it. Why I don't know. I also take nutrition classes and comments on microwaves are such: The micro destroys all nutrients. The micros are banned in Russia. The plastics are dangerous (I know this has been explained here and I am just quoting here what's floating around). And obviously cooking in a micro per se has not caught on or else there would be far more generally published recipes as there are.

So, my question is where do I find objective research on microwaves?