• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Modernist Cuisine at Home] Buffalo Sauce

Hey Gang. I've looked around and can't find if anyone has done this one yet. I tried to make it multiple times. The first time I ended up adding it all together too quickly and it didn't form an emulsion. The most recent attempt at it yielded a sauce that had the correct texture but had a flavor and smell that just seemed way off. It almost seemed overly bitter and appealed as almost a rancid/burnt/bad flavor and I'm not sure if it would be caused by garlic or maybe the oil being used. The spicy flavor also seemed to be more of a hot sauce like flavor as well so I'd like to see if anyone had any success with this sauce recipe and get some advice on the brand/type of oil one would suggest for this and any other input/advice anyone has.

Thanks,