• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Modernist Cuisine] Chicken Tikka Masala

Anonymous Modernist 5246

Hi zmaster,

I‚’m sorry to hear that this didn‚’t turn out for you. I have a couple of suggestions that might help. The first is to cut the marinating time in half. The other is to omit the yogurt from the marinade in step 6. If you do that, you can add about 100 g of yogurt to the reserved marinade in step 19.

In Step 15, remove the chicken from teh marinade, and make sure to wipe the marinade off the meat with a paper towel before continuing on to the next steps.

Two important steps to follow are to make sure that you cook the chicken to their core temperatures. The breasts should be cooked at 60 C for about an hour, or until the core temperature reaches 60 C, and the thighs should be cooked at 65 C for 1.5 hours, or until they reach 65 C.

Anjana,

Thanks for the suggestions as those would be the route I would have gone if I were to try the recipe again. The breasts and thighs were cooked via SV to those temps but alas the damage to the protein was already done.

My main point of posting this was to see if anyone else has made this recipe following the directions prescribed by MC, and if they did, was it a success.

• 2 months later...