• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vacuum Controller - Where to buy used, what to look for?

I recently purchased a used Buchi R Unit http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A6IIRE2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (refurbished for $1000!) and got a

Pfeiffer Vacuum MVP 015-2 PK T05 100 Dry Pump on ebay for $160. I'm trying to keep my costs down and get a working setup as soon as possible. I am a former chemistry major, but we always used the lab line for vacuum, so I am at a loss for where to look for a used vacuum controller and what to look for. I would like a digital one, but I'm not entirely sure if all controllers will be compatible with my pump, and I haven't been able to glean much from MC. Some guidance as to what features to look for and where to purchase would be great. This is my first post on the forum, so be gentle if I've said something MHMR.