• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Minimum amount of liquid in a pressure cooker

I have a Fissler pressure cooker, and I'm ready to use it to make the Caramelized Carrot Soup. However, the pressure cooker instructions say that I must not cook anything using less than the minimum amount of liquid they recommend (250 to 300 ml). The soup recipe calls for about halt that amount of liquid (the melted butter plus the water). Is everyone just ignoring that minimum liquid requirement when they caramelize the carrots?

Anne

I have a Fissler pressure cooker, and I'm ready to use it to make the Caramelized Carrot Soup. However, the pressure cooker instructions say that I must not cook anything using less than the minimum amount of liquid they recommend (250 to 300 ml). The soup recipe calls for about halt that amount of liquid (the melted butter plus the water). Is everyone just ignoring that minimum liquid requirement when they caramelize the carrots?

Anne