• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Carbonating Spirits

MikeMac

In some of the other posts most particularly one on homemade ginger beer they talk about different carbonation techniques.

My personal belief is that there is good cooking and that there is new cooking and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

A new taste sensation when you have nothing to compare it to can be hard to beat. Once you've tried a few things in the same vein I then can build up the basis of comparison and get more discriminating.

Carbonation is one of these things the marrying of cranberries with carbonation is magical. Okay done now what else can we do?

To that and after seeing an article in the ginger beer at home posting I bought a Fizz Giz. I like what the guy had to say and the lack of malarkey on his website. And I just didn't feel like building something.

The question is what to do with it now it might be fun to do something special such as carbonated hard liquor for New Year's Eve.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike Macdonald Calgary

• 1 month later...