• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Yesterday I drove the long road to see if I could find any Christopher Ranch organic garlic at the grocery store. There were 3 packages, all very 'light' with streaks of black mold (hmm are they already 'black garlic'? just kidding), all containing 3 small bulbs, priced at $3.99 each. All the rest of the garlic around these parts is Chinese (and similarly sad looking right now though a bit less pricey). No thanks. I will wait. I really should have stuck some in the ground last fall and grown my own. As soon as I can get some decent garlic bulbs to plant (perhaps from the farm that Okanagancook linked) a garlic bed will be in my yard.

Deryn

Deryn

Yesterday I drove the long road to see if I could find any Christopher Ranch organic garlic at the grocery store. There were 3 packages, all very 'light' with streaks of black mold, all containing 3 small bulbs, priced at $3.99 each. All the rest of the garlic around these parts is Chinese (and similarly sad looking right now though a bit less pricey). No thanks. I will wait. I really should have stuck some in the ground last fall and grown my own. As soon as I can get some decent garlic bulbs to plant (perhaps from the farm that Okanagancook linked) a garlic bed will be in my yard.