• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Modernist Cuisine] Tomato Whey (perhaps aka Liquid Caprese, Caprese)

Anonymous Modernist 5979

At the MC dinner last week (6/21), they served ‚“Liquid Caprese: constructed cream of olive oil, buffalo milk whey, and tomato essence”. I want to make it for dinner club this Saturday. I’ve figured out a few things, like the Tomato Whey Broth (p 4-49) Goat Milk Ricotta (p 4-108) and Tomato Water (2-366) and Tomato Vinegar, but how or what is the constructed cream of olive oil? Is it the Thickened Oil of p 4-230, or does it refer to the whole dish, which was pretty frothy? Of course, I could have asked while I was there, but my mouth was too busy doing flip flops of joy to let my brain rationally dissect the dish. And was there any basil in the dish? Thanks

• 2 months later...