• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi everybody!! (this is very cool, thank you.) I am an aspiring chef and hope to land myself a job in a somewhat modernist restaurant when i move to Vancouver in the spring, i have been in the industry for 7 years and am pretty comfortable in the kitchen. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any restaurants where i could practice these relativity new techniques or any restaurant that someone would recommend to work at in order to advance my knowledge/skills in the culinary arts (i know this is possible in almost any kitchen but am looking for the best opportunities).

Thanks everyone!

Spoons

(23 and just a culinary baby)

• 10 months later...

WOW Restaurants in Vancouver to work at ? Huge selection

One of the best meals I have ever had is with Hidekazu Tojo ( Tojo's) wonderful man, humble but lets his food talk and it talks loud.

A guy that is good lots of restaurants would be Umberto Menghi not exactly new school but who knows?

You did not say were you were from but Vancouver to me means fresh seafood.

Mike Macdonald Calgary