• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caipirinha inspired cocktail

Quistu

Hello dear community! I am new here, but I was hoping you could help me out a bit with a question.

Earlier this day I was experimenting with mixing some drinks of what I had left in my bar cabinet, and I ended up with a rather well tasting (in my own opinion at least) cocktail inspired by the caipirinha.

It used the classic quartered half lime, muddled with a teaspoon of sugar, and a dash of campari. Upon that I filled 1 1/2 ounce of london dry gin and half an ounce of dry vermouth (I would have used sweet if I had any left). Ten shaken and poured unstrained into a rocks glass.

I have been trying some clever google searching and so on to see if there was a name for it. Since there are so many cocktails around I would hardly guess I hadn't been made before. My search however showed up empty, so now I came here to ask for some people with more knowledge on the subject than myself. Thanks in advance for anyone possibly trying to help me out!

Welcome to eGullet Quistu!

Closest thing I've made is Jeff Morgenthaler's Blood Orange, which also uses gin, dry vermouth, campari, with orange for the juice, no muddling, and is served strained. So not that similar really.