• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New London Foodie Here!

leilani86

Hi All,

I am Leilani, a new foodie from London. I love food! I dream about it! I love cooking and trying new food.

A few favourites:

Cuisine: Thai or Indian

Breakfast: Vanilla Latte and Croissants/Pan au Chocolat

Lunch: Larb Gai

Dinner: Lamb Massaman Curry

Dessert: Crème brûlée

Snack: Samosa Chaat

Fruit: Grapes

Vegetable: Beetroot

Condiment: Sriarcha (of course!)

Wine: Barefoot Merlot

Cocktail: Lychee Martini

Oh here's a picture of some yummy food I cooked (sorry vegetarians).

8473653053_a05ab79c86_s.jpg

Welcome to eGullet, Leilani!  C'mon in, look around, and join in the conversations!

You've touched on two of my favorite topics already.  You may enjoy these related topics:

"Larb Laab Larp" (so old, some of the photos won't show up, but the topic could stand a revival  :smile: )

A brief search turned up several topics involving Sriracha sauce, a perennial favorite here:

Sriracha in "Ready to Eat" forum

and, to include current events:

SRIRACHA plant in Irwindale, CA in trouble

Whether you join in on existing topics or start your own, we're glad to see you here!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Welcome,  Leilani!  So happy to see you here - especially since you are in the UK - my favorite place in the universe!  Dive in where ever - we are a pretty good bunch!  I spend most of my time on the dinner thread: http://forums.egullet.org/topic/147265-dinner-2014-part-2/  - hope to see you there.  Your dinner looks lovely!