• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Busy with Renovations Sharing Pic of New Stove

lochaven

It's been awhile since I've been here as I decided to finally downsize homes last Fall.  Closed in January and renovations are still on going.  Walls between dining, living, kitchen, and breakfast area are gone and 1 Ft beams are now in place as supports.  It's been rather busy but have really enjoyed it.

This has afforded me to design a kitchen from scratch.  Most importantly the appliances were delivered last week and are to be installed this coming week.  Wanted to share a pic of the stove.  Still much work to go as the second phase of the house starts in early May.

Enjoy.

48" Capital Precision Series -- 4 burner 24" griddle

IMG_0169.jpg

• Like 3

And I want a table for two and a chicken for eight o'clock.

Gotta love dual ovens that are tall enough for more than a couple racks, that's really a beauty! One suggestion, I don't know how many oven racks came with your stove, but, you might want to check out the manufacturer's website and see if they sell more if you don't have one for every groove/slot. (hopefully, you have a place to store some while not in use.)

I'm set up so that my modest cheapo stove can have a rack in every slot, if I wish, and this way I can bake off seriously large quantities of cookies. I don't use them that often, but, when I do, they are very helpful in cutting my baking time way down and using less energy.

• Like 1

Gotta love dual ovens that are tall enough for more than a couple racks, that's really a beauty! One suggestion, I don't know how many oven racks came with your stove, but, you might want to check out the manufacturer's website and see if they sell more if you don't have one for every groove/slot. (hopefully, you have a place to store some while not in use.)

I'm set up so that my modest cheapo stove can have a rack in every slot, if I wish, and this way I can bake off seriously large quantities of cookies. I don't use them that often, but, when I do, they are very helpful in cutting my baking time way down and using less energy.

If you have every rack filled with a sheet pan, do you have issues with hot/cold spots, or do you just rotate pans once in a while?

If you have every rack filled with a sheet pan, do you have issues with hot/cold spots, or do you just rotate pans once in a while?

I think Capital Precision Series has convection feature, which makes temperature more even.

dcarch

I think Capital Precision Series has convection feature, which makes temperature more even.

dcarch

Yeah, with convection, it doesn't matter so much. My cheapo stove is not convection, but, being just a couple years old, it heats pretty evenly. (I have tested it.) Yes, the upper rack(s) get a bit hotter, but, I just pull the cookies from there faster, and then move all the other sheet pans up. Anyway, having seven racks instead of two makes a huge difference in the amount of time and electricity (no gas in my neighborhood) I use baking off cookies, crackers, etc.

If I get nervous about opening the door too much, I leave my pizza stone on the bottom shelf, where it normally lives anyway. I own a MC steel but have not tested it as heat sink in the bottom of the oven yet.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Stove looks amazing, I have a stove from the 90s that was a POS back then and even more so now. I to would love to know the cost and features of this bad boy.

"If you can crack an egg one-handed, you'll have no problems undoing a brassiere." -Newfie saying

• 2 months later...

Apologize for the delay as somehow I missed your post last year and with all the renovations that finally ended in December finally able to get in here again.  Although, I must confess, I've come for help from the Forum, but that's for a post a little later this evening.  Thanks for the suggestion Lisa, the small oven only came with 1 and need to order 1 more.  The large one came with 3 racks.

• Like 1

Also, someone asked about the cost.  Well, let me put it this way.  As this is probably our last house, we splurged to the tune of $9k.  But hey, no kids and can't take it with you.

Decided  on the griddle as most of grilled meats are done outdoors.  And there is nothing like a griddle for Sunday Breakfast, which we are big fans of.

Pans never touch the griddle, only food.

• Like 2