• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The UK Menu Game (2008-)

Every day I look at this thread and don't have any idea, I wasn't hanging about when one came up that I actually knew! Sad I know...

Anyway.

diver scallops, sunchoke velvet, roasted onion glaze, ham chip

suckling pig, ratafía-glazed apples, priorat and honey reduction

warm grand cru chocolate mousse, olive oil ice cream, shattered cocoa breadcrumbs, sea salt

Edited by danielcollins (log)

Cinc Sentits in Barcelona?

Ate there a few years back and though didn't have these dishes the style is familiar.

Bingo!

Was in Barcelona a few weeks ago and had the tasting menu there on my first night, absolutely fantastic place, highly recommended.

You're up Scott.

Where else did you go? I prefer Hisop in central Barcelona for a well priced modern tasting menu experience.

Gnocchi de Pommes de Terre Souffle, Raviole de Truffe, Homard et son Jus

Sole aux Aromates, Jus a l'Eucalyptus

Cappuccino de Carotte et Cardamome

L'Arnsbourg? That Sole dish rings a bell and I remember you, Steve and Big Tone eating there a few years ago...

I expected Gary to get it. Over to you :smile:

i thought it sounded good, didn't realise i'd actually had it :laugh:

you don't win friends with salad

I used to write a lot of the menus :laugh:

Oddly it didn;t leap at me the pheasant sausage roll and the east coast cod gave it away for me. it was also a bit of a mix of garnish, the pheasant sausage roll was with a pheasant main originally so we must have had a few spare! and i think we only had tarte tatin on for a few days so.

sounds good though!

will have a think about a menu...

yes, it was shaun hill at the merchant house.

if i picked what i'd actually ordered it would have been harder, though oddly enough the starter and dessert were on both of my menus which were seperated by a good few years, when i first went to the MH, claire bosi was FOH, and the last visit was just before it closed, with bapi.

Edited by Gary Marshall (log)