• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The UK Menu Game (2008-)

That'll be The Ivy, unless I'm very much mistaken.

very good. funny to see vague nods to foraging even here at palacio it girl. can't imagine many of their clients would know what their Blackberry's named after if they even got near a hedgerow...

over to you, as they say.

Edited by adt (log)

Ian

I go to bakeries, all day long.

There's a lack of sweetness in my life...

Rules!

Yup - an easy one even for a Monday morning. That menu is from 2000 (link) and, oddly enough, sounds a a lot more on on-trend than their current offering . But I guess zeitgeist was never really Rules's first concern.

Over to you, C.

Calf’s brain salad with crisp brains, thinly sliced rosevale potatoes and sauce gribiche

Glazed, stuffed pig’s trotter with creamed potatoes and Madeira

Crème brûlée

well technically i don't work there anymore as i left on friday after 8 years but it is still my food, Chez Bruce.

Ha ha, what are the chances. Yes, very well done spotting your own menu :)

It all looks delicious by the way, and served to remind me it's worth the 3rd visit from me in almost as many months. I will take the bus known as the "Chez Bruce Express" (the G1), as it goes from right outside my front door to right outside the restaurant.

Well then Matt, your turn!

I apologise in advance for the translations:

Artichoke puree, sage sorbet

langoustine and mousseron ravioli, black truffle sauce

Glazed sweetbread, peas, broad beans, lemon grass sauce

mille-feuille of candied grapefruit with citrus sherbet

Matt Christmas.

Artichoke puree, sage sorbet

langoustine and mousseron ravioli, black truffle sauce

Glazed sweetbread, peas, broad beans, lemon grass sauce

mille-feuille of candied grapefruit with citrus sherbet

It's not Pierre Gagnaire, is it?

thank you cheffmatt - entirely due to luck and an unfeasible amount of time spent lurking on food discussion boards and blogs rather than actual dining experience. Sorry.

I guess I should come up with something then? how about this - I imagine someone will get this pretty quickly ..

Cornish crab, apple with celeriac, smoked paprika honeycomb, seaweed

Gressingham breast of duck, black rice, kohlrabi cooked in beetroot and pomegranate, shallot puree, autumn greens

Textures of parsnips with mulled black figs

Cornish crab, apple with celeriac, smoked paprika honeycomb, seaweed

Gressingham breast of duck, black rice, kohlrabi cooked in beetroot and pomegranate, shallot puree, autumn greens

Textures of parsnips with mulled black figs

I'm taking it as I want another shot.

Purnell's, in Brum. (ETA: Or perhaps Jessica's I guess.)

Edited by naebody (log)