• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's the most delicious thing you've eaten today (2006-)

I had half a dozen of breaded baked mussels with a squeeze of lemon on each bite. Aaaah heaven!

Edited by Domestic Goddess (log)

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

I love Lee & Perrin worchestershire sauce on my steaks, so I suppose that's like having anchovies on the steak :wink:  How much do you put into the sauce, Ling?

Could you post the recipe for the Sicilian calamari? That looks great!

The most delicious thing I've eaten this morning is a mango muffin that I just pulled out of the oven. :smile:

I never measure for the sauce. It's just a few tablespoons of chopped parsley and maybe 4-5 anchovies, a few cloves of minced garlic and pepper, combined with olive oil over the heat until the anchovies melt.

The Sicilian calamari recipe is in the Babbo cookbook which my bf owns, so I don't have the recipe in front of me. You can find it in the book. I remember it having chilli flakes, tomatoes, capers, dried currants, and pinenuts.

leftover salmon w/ buerre blanc! Made it the other night from Bouchon Cookbook and there was a piece left over. My buerre blanc had a little too much stock but hey I did it! ( making this had been a fear of mine for a long time.) I made it, and held it til I plated dinner and it was fantastic. Was even better later! :biggrin:

I had some very tasty Soy Sauce Chicken at Wing Shoon tonight. Wing Shoon is a Cantonese restaurant on the eastern fringes of Manhattan's Chinatown.

Michael aka "Pan"

For dinner last night I made pan-roasted filet mignon, with a simple seasoning of cracked pepper and salt, topped with gorgonzola butter and black truffle oil. For a side I made roasted asparagus and parmesan risotto (the best recipe I’ve found for this dish). Accompanying the meal was a Plump Jack Cabernet Sauvignon. So simple but SOOO delicious!

Some windfall, a bit too ripe, apples that I stewed with a little dessert wine, some muscovado sugar, a touch of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Topped with just a little cream :biggrin: Very tasty for pretty much making a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

I may be in Nashville but my heart's in Cornwall

• 1 year later...

I think this topic could use a revival. I used to really love it.

The most delicious thing I consumed today was a glass of nondescript pretty cheap red wine, on the terrace of my favorite place to be in Amsterdam, Het Blauwe Theehuis in the Vondelpark. It was 5:30 and chilly, but the sun was finally out after a day of rain, and I sat there watching the sun set and looking at the coloring leaves and enjoying the coldness and dampness of fall.

I was so ready for cool fall weather after spending 3 weeks in the American Southwest!

Nice! And two years, to the day.

The most delicious thing I ate within the last 24 hours was fresh stone crab claws last night for dinner, an annual tradition. It was opening day. October 15th is the first legal day of the season. I'm sure sometime back in the day I posted a photograph.

They were tasty, icey-cold, dipped in traditional mustard sauce.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

An excellent thread to resurrect!

For breakfast I had an English muffin, toasted, buttered, topped with slices of Havarti, and broiled to bubbly yumminess.

~ Lori in PA

My blog: http://inmykitcheninmylife.blogspot.com/

My egullet blog: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=89647&hl=

"Cooking is not a chore, it is a joy."

- Julia Child

If we can go back 24 hours it would be the lobster dinner I made at our timeshare on Cape Cod last night, otherwise it was the Hot Apple Pocket at Honey Dew Donuts in Fall River Ma on the way home this morning.

The white clam pizza at Frank Pepes just was not better than that apple pocket, and damn it should have been :hmmm:

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

My "pasta a la Costco" (or should it be "au Costco"?). Cook spaghetti. Toss with black olives, green olives, artichoke hearts, possibly bruchetta topping, maybe even some bean salad - anything that suits my fancy out of those huge Costco jars cluttering up my fridge. Add grated Parmesan or Romano from the plastic container in the freezer and some olive oil. Leftovers were nice for lunch today.

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

A beetroot and blue cheese salad I had at work yesterday.

We have a new caterer at the office, she makes a different salad every day. Office lunch used to be really bad and now it´s really good... it brightens up the workday!

The 'chocoladevla' (chocolate flavoured custard) that I made us for dessert yesterday. We have a guest over from abroad and he loves vla so much, that just the pleasure of watching him savour every spoonful turned that simple pudding into the tastiest, most enjoyable vla I ever had.