• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

brassica not bracchia.

I bought a 12lb-er at Sprouts today (yuge!) for .99 per lb.  Cut it down to manageable pieced and the WHOLE thing is in 2 Instant Pots going to be kahlua/shredded pork.  With cabbage leaves laid over the meat while cooking.

Going to make cole slaw for a fresh dish.  Steam a cauliflower too.  Brassicas FTW!

No eggs or regular flour (lots of gluten-free flour on the shelves LOL).  The butcher counter was completely emptied.  I picked up some pork sausage chubs, some Italian sausage, and bacon from the pre-packaged area.    Most fruit and veg are well stocked; onions and potatoes very low stock.  Pasta gone.  Traditional Dairy low stock, but lots of Nut based beverages left.   

Looked like the frozen food pre-made meals section decimated.

lemniscate

lemniscate

I bought a 12lb-er at Sprouts today (yuge!) for .99 per lb.  Cut it down to manageable pieced and the WHOLE thing is in 2 Instant Pots going to be kahlua/shredded pork.  With cabbage leaves laid over the meat while cooking.

Going to make cole slaw for a fresh dish.  Steam a cauliflower too.  Bracchias FTW!

No eggs or regular flour (lots of gluten-free flour on the shelves LOL).  The butcher counter was completely emptied.  I picked up some pork sausage chubs, some Italian sausage, and bacon from the pre-packaged area.    Most fruit and veg are well stocked; onions and potatoes very low stock.  Pasta gone.  Traditional Dairy low stock, but lots of Nut based beverages left.   

Looked like the frozen food pre-made meals section decimated.