• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking along with my son's travels

chefmd

Banana blossom salad.  I added avocado because its creaminess seemed to be going nicely with crunchy banana blossom.  Dressed with fish sauce, sesame oil, hot peppers.

Image.jpg

• Like 1

OK, now we are in Laos.  So here is chicken larb with some sticky rice.  I am really enjoying fish sauce in everything and sticky rice with everything.  Also, I am finding more and more uses for roasted rice powder.  

Image 2.jpg

• Like 2

I have yet to try larb. I have the recipes, including an entire topic on these forums. I have the ingredients. Now I have your reminder. Thanks for this!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I have yet to try larb. I have the recipes, including an entire topic on these forums. I have the ingredients. Now I have your reminder. Thanks for this!

Oh you MUST try larb. It's a flavour that is so new and so fresh.

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog