• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe for uttapam wanted

Woods

Is there a recipe for uttapam that doesn't use rice in the batter? I remember having them in D.C. that were thicker and denser than most of the recipes I see. It seemed as it the batter was made only of dals. The vegetables were mixed into the batter rather on top. Maybe it was the restaurants version? Thanks.

Is there a recipe for uttapam that doesn't use rice in the batter? I remember having them in D.C. that were thicker and denser than most of the recipes I see. It seemed as it the batter was made only of dals. The vegetables were mixed into the batter rather on top. Maybe it was the restaurants version? Thanks.

Where in DC did you have them?

you can make uttapam with semolina & bread mixture also, wherein you have to soak the 1 cup semolina for atleast 02 hrs n than can put 03 to 04 slice of breads & 02 tbs curd to it just before making uttapam, can add veggies also to it. it tastes gud, try it.

Hi there! My mum makes uttapam from dosa batter. You can usually get a mixture from an asian food store. She usually mixes into the batter chopped tomatoes, chopped red onions, chopped green chillies and chopped coriander (aka cilantro). Hope this helps!

• Like 1