• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Replacement Power cord for VWR 1122S circulator

Hey all,

I just scored a VWR 1122S circulator off eBay and need to find a replacement power cord before I start using it. I believe this circulator is manufactured by Polyscience and modeled after their CLASSIC series.

Does anyone know what I should be looking for in a replacement power cord? I have one here that is marked 10A 125V that fits the circulator perfectly. Would this work?

Thoughts?

-Chris

by 'rating' that cord is a little on the 'lite' side.  the device probably draws 15 A

if you cant find a thicker cord, you can set it up w that cord and after 30 min or so see if the cord feels hot, or overly warm

that would tell you you might want to move up to a thicker cord.

From what I can find this circulator draws 11 amps, I wouldn't feel safe leaving it running unattended using a 10 amp cord.  In the picture I'm looking at the power connector looks like it's the same thing you would find on a computer power supply, if so this one is rated for 13 amps;

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10228&cs_id=1022801&p_id=5285&seq=1&format=2

If you have a Microcenter in your area they would probably have something suitable in stock, look for a 16AWG cord or thicker.