• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Anna N

Meeting-friendly snacks to bake

280 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2016 at 3:02 PM, Anna N said:

As an aside what I really wanted to make was salty caramel brownies from the New York Times but my baking cabinet  needs some replenishment before I can attempt much of anything.  

That recipe is SO high on my list, too!

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

image.jpeg

This is a half recipe of cowboy cookies from the New York Times. They contain chocolate chips, coconut, oats  and pecans.   I tried one and I know why they are called cowboy cookies.  Put a couple of these in your saddlebag, one for you and one for your horse, and you can ride from Oregon to Mexico without stopping to refuel.

8 people like this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

6 minutes ago, Anna N said:

image.jpeg

This is a half recipe of cowboy cookies from the New York Times. They contain chocolate chips, coconut, oats  and pecans.   I tried one and I know why they are called cowboy cookies.  Put a couple of these in your saddlebag, one for you and one for your horse, and you can ride from Oregon to Mexico without stopping to refuel.

I saw that recipe and wondered what they were like.  Aside from their "staying power" were they tasty?  They look like a soft cookie, are they?

@ElsieD

They are certainly tasty enough with all their inclusions.   I would definitely not call them a soft cookie.  Might depend on how long you cook them but if you are looking for a soft cookie I would certainly suggest you find another recipe.  

1 person likes this

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

@Anna N 

too bad your meetings are so far away from me.  Id gladly show up just for the snacks.

money-mouth.gif

5 people like this